Some bush Tucker examples:
- Red fruits are often made into chutneys and jams as well as plums such as the Davidson plum which contains 100 times more Vitamin C than oranges.
- Berries such as native gooseberries, snowberries and white elderberries.
- Bush vegetables such as sweet potatoes, sea celery and bush potatoes.
- Wattle, Honeysuckle, Mistletoe
Seeds and Nuts
- Mulga seeds
- Bunya nut can be eaten raw, cooked or turned into a paste
- Macadamia nuts
- Quandong seeds
Spices and Herbs
- Mountain pepper
- Native basil
- Curry Myrtle
- Kangaroo’s are popular as it has more protein than beef
- Wild bush turkey
- Grubs and insects including the witchetty grub, cicadas and caterpillars