Rainforestation Nature Park
Volunteer with Animals in Australia
Looking to be a wildlife volunteer in Cairns? Our Rainforest and Wildlife international Volunteer Program will allow you to immerse yourself in the local tropical culture and lifestyle, whilst volunteering with wildlife across three parks.
Your main placement will be Rainforestation Nature Park, located in Kuranda, thirty minutes north-west of the tropical city of Cairns. This award-winning park is surrounded by lush world-heritage rainforest and is home to the Koala and Wildlife Park, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and Rainforest Army Duck Tour.
As a Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer, you will join experienced wildlife keepers to help with a range of duties around the park. The program also includes time volunteering at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome.
Interested in participating in our Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer program? You can contact one of the following agencies:
- Denmark – Travel ALOTT – Working Holiday
- Spain, Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland – World Education Program (WEP)
- Netherlands – Oak Travel
- Britain and America’s – Gap360
- Sweden and Norway – GoXplore
- Germany – AIFS Educational Travel
- France – Freepackers
- Or contact us directly at email@example.com
The Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer Program in Kuranda and Cairns, Tropical North Queensland, is open to applicants 18 years and over, with no maximum age limit. Applicants must be physically fit and in good health. The program operates on a fortnightly basis with start dates every second Tuesday (subject to availability), offering 4, 6 and 8-week programs. Work alongside conservationists and make a meaningful contribution to the region’s unique flora and fauna.
During your wildlife volunteer placement, you will be provided with accommodation in mixed dormitory shared accommodation with air-conditioning, modern facilities, self catering kitchens and communal areas.
- Preparing food for our native wildlife (this is often a daily task)
- Cleaning and maintenance of the wildlife park
- Upkeep of displays and exhibits
- Landscaping of our tropical gardens and fruit orchard
- General maintenance of park grounds and facilities
- Assist with record keeping duties under supervision
- Regulated animal handling opportunities- subject to availability
- Koala leaf collection and distribution