Open daily from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
Facilities at Rainforestation Nature Park include:
- Free Wifi
- Gift & Souvenir Shop
- Parking is available onsite
- Water bubblers located in the restaurants
- Wheelchair access is available via the back entry
- EFTPOS is available
Come and enjoy our fabulous buffet at one of our three restaurants at our Kuranda attraction.
Overlooking the picturesque lake, this Colonial style restaurant is open daily for snacks, morning and afternoon teas.
This venue is styled as a traditional Aussie Outback venue, in open air and surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
The Treehouse Restaurant is a delightful space under the shade of a big old fig tree and adjacent to the Colonial and Outback Restaurants.
Tropical Treats Juice Bar
Snacks are available at the Tropical Treats Juice bar situated in the heart of the Tropical Fruit Orchard. You can sample refreshing delights grown on site, as well as fruit based ice creams, juices and snacks.
Should you need information or assistance during your visit, please ask any of our friendly staff who will attend to your needs or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking is available in the onsite carpark.
How to Get Here
Rainforestation Nature Park is located on the Kennedy Highway in Kuranda.
Directions from Cairns to Rainforestation by car:
- Departing Cairns accommodation, travel North on Sheridan Street.
- As you pass the airport on your right, Sheridan Street becomes the Captain Cook Highway and you will soon cross the Barron River Bridge.
- Continue through the Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob and Caravonica roundabouts.
- At the Smithfield roundabout turn left onto the Kennedy Highway, passing Smithfield Shopping Centre on your right and join the Kuranda Range.
- You may wish to stop at Henry Ross Lookout for a scenic view of Cairns and the coast.
- From Henry Ross Lookout, continue on the Kennedy Highway for approximately 5 km, and you will see a sign indicating a right hand turn off to Rainforestation.
Book a coach tour
There are a range of Kuranda tours available with Tropic Wings Cairns Tours & Charters that incorporate Rainforestation in their itinerary. [Click here to find out more]
Shuttle Bus From Kuranda
You can catch the Shuttle Bus from Kuranda Village to Rainforestation Nature Park. Adults $12.50 and children are $6.25 return.
Shuttle Bus Times
We offer a regular shuttle between Rainforestation Nature Park and Kuranda attraction, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. See below for times and location. The shuttle is $12.50 for adults and $6.25 for children (return).
Talks & Shows
We have daily shows and tours all throughout the day, check out our program below.