How to Get Here
Rainforestation Nature Park is located on the Kennedy Highway in Kuranda.
Directions from Cairns to Rainforestation by car
- Departing Cairns accommodation, travel North on Sheridan Street.
- As you pass the airport on your right, Sheridan Street becomes the Captain Cook Highway and you will soon cross the Barron River Bridge.
- Continue through the Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob and Caravonica roundabouts.
- At the Smithfield roundabout turn left onto the Kennedy Highway, passing Smithfield Shopping Centre on your right and join the Kuranda Range.
- You may wish to stop at Henry Ross Lookout for a scenic view of Cairns and the coast.
- From Henry Ross Lookout, continue on the Kennedy Highway for approximately 5 km, and you will see a sign indicating a right hand turn off to Rainforestation.
Shuttle Bus From Kuranda
If you are booking directly by telephone or via this website, you can catch the Shuttle Bus from Kuranda Village to Rainforestation Nature Park. To confirm your seats on the bus, please be sure to make a note of your preferred shuttle times in the comments section when making your booking.
|Child Return (4 – 14 yrs)||$8.00|
|Family Return (2 Adults, 2 Children)||$34.00|
|Adult One Way||$8.00|
|Child One Way (4 – 14 yrs)||$5.00|
|Family One Way (2 Adults, 2 Children)||$21.00|
(From Butterfly Sanctuary)
(To Butterfly Sanctuary)
|11:45 am||12:00 pm|
|12:15 pm||12:45 pm|
|1:45 pm||2:00 pm|
(Also drops off to Kuranda Rail)
NOTE: Travel time from Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to Rainforestation is less than 10 minutes. Roughly 5 km away, we do NOT advise visitors to walk. Note that Shuttle Bus times are subject to change and will be confirmed with your booking.
Free Parking is available onsite. Please note that the car park is locked overnight.
Rainforestation is an entirely accessible experience.
Upon arrival, please drive up the ramp to the top carpark where you will find our Accessible Parking. There is no ramp access via the front of house.
Rainforestation has Accessible Toilets and ramps to facilitate access to the entire Pamagirri Experience (Dance Show and Dreamtime Walkabout) and Wildlife Park.
Army Ducks can be boarded and disembarked on the Army Duck Platforms. Army Ducks can be boarded via leaving the wheelchair and sliding onto the rear seat which is positioned at the same height.
Guests should be aware that in the event of an Army Duck breakdown whilst on tour, rather than being transferred to another vehicle, visitors using wheelchairs would need to wait on the vehicle whilst it is being repaired.
Please note that Shuttle Bus services between Rainforestation Nature Park and The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in Kuranda Village are also accessible—they have low floor entry, a ramp and an allocated space for wheelchairs or mobility scooters.