How to Get Here
Rainforestation Nature Park is located on the Kennedy Highway in Kuranda.
Directions from Cairns to Rainforestation by car:
- Departing Cairns accommodation, travel North on Sheridan Street.
- As you pass the airport on your right, Sheridan Street becomes the Captain Cook Highway and you will soon cross the Barron River Bridge.
- Continue through the Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob and Caravonica roundabouts.
- At the Smithfield roundabout turn left onto the Kennedy Highway, passing Smithfield Shopping Centre on your right and join the Kuranda Range.
- You may wish to stop at Henry Ross Lookout for a scenic view of Cairns and the coast.
- From Henry Ross Lookout, continue on the Kennedy Highway for approximately 5 km, and you will see a sign indicating a right hand turn off to Rainforestation.