Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer Program
Looking to be a wildlife volunteer in Cairns? Our Rainforest and Wildlife international Volunteer Program will allow you to immerse yourself in the local tropical culture and lifestyle, whilst volunteering with wildlife across three parks.
Your main placement will be Rainforestation Nature Park, located in Kuranda, thirty minutes north-west of the tropical city of Cairns. This award-winning park is surrounded by lush world-heritage rainforest and is home to the Koala and Wildlife Park, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and Rainforest Army Duck Tour.
As a rainforest & wildlife volunteer, you will join experienced wildlife keepers to help with a range of duties around the park. The program also includes time volunteering at Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Sanctuary and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.
During your wildlife volunteer placement, you will be provided with accommodation in mixed dormitory shared accommodation with air-conditioning, modern facilities, self catering kitchens and communal areas.
How to Apply
Interested in participating in our Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer program? You can contact one of the following agencies:
- Denmark – Travel ALOTT – Working Holiday
- Spain, Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland – World Education Program (WEP)
- Britain and America’s – Gap360
- Sweden and Norway – GoXplore
- Germany – AIFS Educational Travel
- France – Freepackers
Or contact us directly at email@example.com
Typical Volunteer Duties
- Preparing food for our native wildlife
- Cleaning and maintenance of the wildlife park
- Upkeep of displays and exhibits
- Landscaping of tropical gardens and fruit orchards
- General maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Butterfly egg collection
- Assist with record keeping duties under supervision
- Regulated animal handling opportunities- subject to availability.
- Koala leaf collection & distribution
Volunteer Program Gallery