Cairns Family Photography Workshop
Fancy something a bit different this school holidays? Rainforestation’s Family Photography Workshops provide an informative, snap-happy time for the whole family!
Join our experienced photography instructor to learn how to take photos with your digital camera, then put your skills to test in our Koala & Wildlife Park photographing some of our beautiful Australian animals.
This event is for parents and children together and is the perfect opportunity to learn new skills, have fun and is perfect for beginners and budding photographers alike!
What You Will Learn
The day begins with an essential camera theory lesson over morning tea. Learn the key features of your manual camera and discover the techniques needed to take amazing shots!
Learn about composition and framing, then learn about how to control aperture and shutter speed for more creative control over depth of field. This allows for sharpness where you need it and that lovely blurred effect where you don’t. Teaching the principles of Portrait Photography, you will be shooting both people and animals.
Whilst the instruction is focused on the younger audience, parents are of course welcome to bring another camera and benefit from the tuition as well. This presents a great opportunity for the children and their guardian to enjoy photography together. (*A small number of cameras are available for hire if required, just bring a USB to save your images)
About The Instructor
Elyse Fitzpatrick has over 10 years’ experience as a professional photographer shooting everything from portraits and weddings to aerial photography. She is passionate about learning new skills and techniques and loves to share her passion for photography with others.
- Photography workshop with professional photographer (Max 5 participants)
- Entry to the Koala & Wildlife Park
- Morning tea
- Lunch- Choose from our yummy lunch menu!
A total of 6 courses are being offered during the Queensland School Holiday Period from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on the following dates:
Annual Pass Holders: get $10 off by using the code ANNUALPASS (You will be required to show Annual Pass and ID upon arrival)
Camera hire is available at $10 per car and must be pre-purchased while booking. Please bring your own USB if hiring camera.
- Minimum age 8 years
- No previous camera or photography knowledge is required
- To ensure everyone gets some personal attention from the instructor, each course will have a maximum of 5 junior participants, plus their guardians.
- Children must be accompanied by adults also booked into the session.
- This is a COVID Safe activity: You will be required to register for the event. Social distancing can be observed during the tuition and photography session in the park.